one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

mind wanderings

The Kills was a trip. The true pleasure of living in this City is the endless gifts (ie. phenomenal bands always coming to town every week). In Manhattan you want to do it all--overreach and still find the way to relaxation, consuming the exteriors and then giving yourself time to unfold the experiences and live them. Otherwise, you end up a mess. I need speed in the end. Piles of books, collections to read, soon this sensual space will turn into a library. Cameras are piled on top of each other and I just want to dedicate myself to production--traveling perception--Basically, I need some good vibes with myself. My intensive writing program begins in June so the month of May I am hoping will make me high. With the traveling in May, I'm just going to see what my eyes can tell me--lots of photographs will have to be in the making--I'm looking for materials: quotes, settings, kisses that feel. Hopefully during May my mind will be trying to take in everything and sort through so much. Come June time - the writing is on - from meeting with publishers - actually getting work shopped - and I am curious whether what I do will appeal to them---how many boundaries can be broken. I know for sure though that traveling before going into the intensive program will provide me fragments of moments--scenes--senses--discourses--everything always feels different. I hope everything will make me euphoric---I have a lot I will have to begin writing. I don't know where anything will be taken or how fixated our rules may be. My writing is like floating situations. Where does it fall? Where does it want to land? I predict the month of June will be the most fascinating time. I want to be brilliantly producing--I want the sounds, music, voices, the hose in the morning, coffee making, fan in the room--I want those to be characters in my work. To write one must write with intoxication. I need to find a situation and then all the rest will follow soon after. I haven't made an ounce of sense. Delirium... I just ate ice cream hershey kisses with peanut butter. Yikes.



a.o. scott review & clips from mister lonely
I must say, it was wild hearing his voice after reading his writing so often.

I never mentioned that last weeks New York Magazine was jam packed with goods from beginning to end. I've never been especially drawn to Augusten Burroughs, but after the article I dig his character.

LSD article from Sunday's NYTimes. Makes sense that it was in the "Ideas & Trends" section, figuring after reading the article the drug has never sounded so appealing -- great, a trend renewed.

No comments: