one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Words from Some Other.

And It Came to Pass 
by C. D. Wright

This june 3 would be different  Time to draw lines  I've grown into the family pores and the bronchitis  Even up east I get by saying goddamnit  Who was that masked man I left for dead in the shadow of mt. shadow  Who crumbles there  Not touching anything but satin and dandelions  Not laid his eyes on the likes of you  Because the unconnected life is not worth living  Thorntrees overtake the spot  Hands appear to push back pain  Because no poet's death  Can be the sole author of another poet's life  What will my new instrument be  Just this water glass this untunable spoon  Something else is out there goddamnit  And I want to hear it

No comments: