one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Cannot See His Thought.

Fragment: a presence half accepted because that which is absent is more present in the mind than what physically appears on scene. Fragment: a part of what makes a product whole, absolute, more of what it already is. Fragment: a becoming. Fragment: a potential for something more definite. Fragment: recognized for being less definite, but more distinct. Fragment: a curiosity inspired by mystery. Fragment: a stream expressing people, places or things, actions, states or occurrences, attributes, modifications or details chosen and placed one after the other on a line in time that does not complete an inscribed moment or has been erased from the materiality of memory. Fragment: a thoughtful spitting out of scraps but swallowing, like a black hole, of knowledge or mindful material. Fragment: to be left with less than what one expected to have. Fragment: what one has thought to know, seen to know, remembered to know. Fragment: the process of elimination. Fragment: the liminal space between forgiving and forgetting. Fragment: the liminal space between thought and speech. Fragment: the liminal space. Fragment: all one thinks he wants the other to know. Fragment: all one knows to tell, to share, to reveal. Fragment: an opening up and a shutting down. “One knows not all of his self.” A fragment? “One knowingly thinks not to share all of his self.” A fragment? I must keep thinking to know some things of everything. I will let you know. 
My eyes looked out the window, but not my mind. It was held up elsewhere, behind the present physical sight, which the skin of my eyes was covered with. Perhaps my mind came across a wish wafting between the boundaries of its brain. If it did, I regret having not had my eyes to see the memory of a future moment. I need thought only for that, not eyes. Insight but not sight. Possibly soon though I will see what my mind had been thinking, for a wish is in the process of becoming closer to the now: a moment in time I was imagining when my eyes looked out the window and I thought of nothing close to what they were seeing. I am sure it was not that there was nothing to see. But rather a void of what I wished was happening immediately in time. I cannot remember the hour, but perhaps it was nighttime and there was nothing but thick black air hovering outside the window. It is possible; anything is. It may have been a black hole in the sky. That would explain why I have no impression of the experience—to my knowledge, the moment would have been emptied into the deep dark hole, leaving me after with no memory. It sounds sensible. But then again, I do not know. My mind and eyes did not show up together and one must have both present to be left with everything closest to reality. I think so much is true. I will tell you one thing I am completely certain of though, if I had seen any stars, I would have wished to collect them to glue to my ceiling so the black hole in the sky could not swallow them. I was not thinking at the time I saw stars.

No comments: