one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Hang On

I love when reading you find passages that reconfirm your own thoughts that had been planted in your mind. I mean, nothing thought is truly original anyway. We all meditate over the same central issues. Finding in reading good strings of words motivates, if anything, the necessity to say, write and reveal as many thoughts as one may have. I think it is important for others to recognize the courage and reward of not having to hide and conceal one's feelings, emotions, theories. All it really is, other than a form of art, is a person's personal philosophy.

I was tempted to share the below quote with a woman I had been talking with the other day. She was telling me about how miserable she has become since being married. All the lies. How she is about to call it quits. But yet, she is still holding on. But then I tried to stop and realize by doing that what it would say about me. Do I, without realizing, try and show someone what they need to see and hear rather than what they may like to. My sister told me this morning that the trouble is when I am around (a certain someone) my personality becomes such that I try to instill life lessons. And then I realized, no one wants to be told or called out on what they are doing. No one wants to be given lessons. But what if I can't help myself? I want to help and I can't help by supporting and/or not saying anything that ends with a judgement. Its unfortunate, but I can only imagine how much my presence must kill him and as a result, at times he feels he has to hate me.

"It is a horrible thing to feel what is yours falling to pieces. One even only hangs on to it in the wish to find out if there is anything permanent." -De Lautreamont, Maldoror and Poems.

No comments: