one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

if you like to dance, i mean get down:

There is/was always those situations when I felt the other got the intention all mixed up. I just wanted to enjoy the moment. It wasn't necessary for anything to be a big production. We didn't have to say anything at all. Maybe just some music. Some wine. Or not. Whatever it was. It will always be hard to feel like you aren't being mistaken; for me I always felt, and perhaps it is arrogant, that I was being judged on one pole or the other. I was either wild or seriously intense. I'm just committed to moments. I prefer my independence, but when in groups, I want the engagement (whether that be in the form of a dance, a conversation, etc, perception was necessary). I was there, as I thought we all were, to live/to be in the moment as best we could. But yes, I am all about sensation, adrenaline. But I wasn't asking for anyone to be serious with me, just to indulge themselves - genuinely - and have the appreciation come from that. I won't cling, I swear and if that wasn't assumed, I was always at odds at where the translation went wrong. People need to ask questions more than not. Curiosity can truly help resolve the ego, the mind's limitless ponderings. But I am sure I am just projecting my own concern, attempting to explicate myself, when really, what an impossible stop motion and yet circular feat!


I've been into Lykee Li for awhile now, granted I've been a terrible "fan" and missed every show of hers in NYC, but regardless, I think this may be my favourite performance of hers. Why? Because it is extremely breathy, and I think her voice reflects the action of the words - the story line (if you will). It is the most tantalizing.

Directing you to some good mixes:
Kayne West, Lykee Li, Santagold - Gifted

Ting Tings - Shut Up & Let Me Go CLASSIXX REMIX

Roots Manuva - Let The Spirit HOT CHIP REMIX

Heavy Feet - We Gettin Crunk

Tragic Magic - Tear Up London
Terry Lynn - Street Life WILD LIFE REMIX
Terry Lynn - Kocky/Kingston Logic
Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon Lee Coombs VIP Mix
Obviously, it is very important that I listen to this beat of music to let my mind not be consumed by thought always. My continual goal is to have a better balance, to not be such an extremist, I do think I have been getting better. Forgetting about my body and jumping in my heels is my favourite indulgence. It is a release and dancing is no time to take yourself seriously... it's really just not the time or place. TERRY LYNN is killin' me... watch out for this... I swear.

No comments: