one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Relieved of the Obligation to Love.

"Don't you sometimes feel that, in times like these, to separate is normal and to meet is the miracle...that, when you think of it, even our being able to meet and talk together like this for a time is probably quiet a miraculous thing?..."
"Yes, I also..." She started speaking with some hesitation. Then she went on with an earnest but agreeable serenity. "But here when I was thinking we'd just begun meeting already we're to be separated..." I could not make a causal reply. The pain I felt in my heart was so piercing that it surprised even me. The feeling of ease I felt with Sonoko had given me an illusion, a belief that all our days would be spent together and that everything would remain just as it was now. In a deeper sense it was a twofold illusion: the words with which she passed the sentence of separation upon us proclaimed the meaninglessness of our present meeting and revealed that my present feeling was only a passing happiness, and at the same time as they destroyed the childish illusion of believing this would last forever, they also opened my eyes to the fact that, even if there were no parting, no relationship between a boy and girl could ever remain just as it was.
It was a painful awakening. Why were things wrong just as they were? The questions which I had asked myself numberless times since boyhood rose again to my lips. Why are we all burdened with the duty to destroy everything, change everything, entrust everything to impermanency? Is it this unpleasant duty that the world calls life? Or am I the only one for whom it is a duty? At least there was no doubt that I was alone in regarding the duty as a heavy burden.

At last I spoke: "So, you're leaving...But of course even if you were here, I myself would have to be going away before long..."

-
Confessions of a Mask by Mishima p165-166.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, a variant good

Anonymous said...

What touching words :)

Anonymous said...

Matchless theme....


There is a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you Hot Health

Anonymous said...

In it all business.


There is a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you Hot Health

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I assume polite post. Especially the appellation attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.