one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

We Don't Discuss Our Happiness.


All day, I thought to write about him. Instead, my cat tailed behind. Room to room, I went and left, absentmindedly. When she became tired, I sat behind her, admiring her baggy belly falling off the windowsill. Larger than most my friends’, her eyes show curiosity. I sat behind her, and for an hour thought about her small heart; how I love an animal more than anyone in my world. This love is significant; maybe I’m pathetic. She concentrated on the outside, better than I ever could. Sure, I can stare but thinking never pauses. Could she be as distracted? Splices of sight fall, rain too. There may not be any reality in this, nor a truth we are responsible for and yet, in recognition our bodies react with nostalgia. A creeping silence that rushes inward; a sound silencing the rest. Bodies are inconsistent, sensations inexplicable. We live with this failure all our lives. Do you know how often I let others and—worse—myself down by failing to communicate, by changing? The surface is dry on his hand. This isn’t how I am, how I feel. A woman can only hope she isn’t measured by appearance; although it speaks so loudly over her. The bedroom door was open, and before closing out the rain, I put my palm up to touch it, try to smell it. But nothing. I feel as he does, when his ear drops closest to my heart. My hand is as wet as it will ever be. And the outside is how I am. Today is a day from summer when everything seems to be falling. My cat sees this, too; giving me a sense that for the first time I am acknowledging reality.


2 comments:

Francis Lussier-Charron said...

I just love each and every pic you put on this blog.
The art in you is so obvious.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please go to see our little web survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than heavy metal

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/tips/index.html]nach schönheitsoperationen[/url]

Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room