one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Andrey Tarkovsky

Sometimes I am filled with a sense
Of absolutely breathtaking happiness
Which shakes my very soul,
And in those moments of harmony
The world around me
Beings to look as it really is –
Balanced and purposeful;
And my inner mental structure or system
Corresponds with the outer structure of the milieu,
The universe – and vice versa.
At those moments I believe myself to be all-powerful;
That my love is capable of any physical feat of heroism,
That all obstacles can be overcome,
That grief and yearning will be ended,
And suffering be transformed
Into the fulfillment of dreams and hopes.
This is one of those moments.
I believe that Larissa will succeed
In bringing Andriushka here,
And that we shall drink orange juice
And eat ice-creams in Via Cola di Rienzo,
In the café Leroy.
I don’t just believe it,
I know that’s how it will be.

No comments: