one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

up when i shouldn't be


Oh, what an utter shamble. I sit here, on this plush sedated love chair that has flowering trees growing from each arm and leg. I put my legs up against the satin silks of my bed. What a stupendous sight! Everything is open to view: the champagne curtains pulled in like a dress for a fine figured female. Now the closet can be seen: a tower of pants reaching the ceiling. Absolutely ridiculous and even more so ludicrous that they do not even fit my legs, waist, or bumppppityyyybump. Robes are thrown across my desk chair and a collection of diaries wait to be packed for my travels. I always bring the diary I am writing in currently, a backup, and the multiple others that have already been completed. I like having them with me as a collection. I can back trace through them, highlight a specific musing or abstraction and then string together a brand new story. I have large sketchbooks filled with note cards of author’s quotes. The recordings and compilations help me be proactive with my faulty memory. Cut out roses, booklists, quotes, design layouts intermixed with literature, Susan Plumb, a handful of photo booth pictures, polaroids that look set designed, vintage fans, Victorian wrapping paper, ripped text, letters of discourse between Henry Miller and Anais Nin, women in cone shaped bras, art by Gustave Moreau and theatrical masks line my desk walls. It all feels so laughable at the moment. Things are everywhere! Portfolios, binders, folders reaching higher and higher up toward the ceiling. Tin boxes, hand lotions, burning candles on top of novels, a Buddha resting next to a dominatingly large Superior Starbucks Americano. I love this room. The peace that plays the same every night. I need to get it all in better order. More photography framing the walls in true fashion of New York apartment living. I want to start collecting snow globes. Less of these clothes I’m not wearing. More stuffed animals. TV hook-up so I can start laying low, falling into my bed with a bottle of red and watch some classics. I get so nostalgic before I go. I sit staring; trying to take in the last hours, and already become excited for my return. I am going to spruce this little cave up once I get back. Gotta pop multiple addies, and make it fresh. Pictures galore, candles at a constant drip, sound system on, dust out, organization and binding = Kinkos, putting the luggage cases to artistic use, words and images on tracing paper framed, getting rid of the bad and hauling in quality goods. This room is getting a makeover. I gotta’ clean up my act n’ cleanse the soul.

No comments: