one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gurrr

How come I can not go a few weeks without losing the entirety of a piece of writing? I just wrote two pages on my trip and Word went crashing down, leaving me with nothing. I become so emersed in writing, that when I do, I become another me; a me that can not remember what I had written or how. Writing is a tricky task, it takes a miracle to create it (and be proud) and it takes yet another miracle to remember what and how you had said it. It's like forgotten material--hence why it kills the writer who remembers having the work and has to deal with losing it and forgetting all of which he had known at the time of writing. Today I bought Borges' collection of selected poems, Harold Bloom's Romanticism and Consciousness, exchanged an iPhone without paying a penny and convinced the cruise to ship me my luggage at their expense, got a 4.0 GPA and now the plan is Columbia Graduate School... life is really swinging my way. More material soon....

No comments: