one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Monday, January 14, 2008

morale

recap: my luggage on the cruise was taken by another passenger and put on to a private driver's bus. they got to the airport and realized it had been a mistake. that evening i got a call from the bus driver telling me had my bag filled with dresses and money, but how was he going to get it back to me? how was he going to pay? he never called me back and it seemed like all was long gone. persisting, threatening/anxious calls were made to multiple costa ricans and some how the man was tracked down and the luggage was brought to an office. today it arrived, filled but entirely empty in one department. $500 gone. of course, it was my mistake. though i never expected to send the luggage off in the plane with my wallet. truthfully, had there been no cash, i may never have gotten the bag back. but what kills me is not necessarily the money being gone, but just the morale of others. to convince oneself of deserving a reward (and maybe they do) and they easily take from you and never look back. actions are so much easier to make if you never have to confront the other's face.

but hey, at least the polaroids are safe:)

No comments: