one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Why Write

Once you recognize yourself as a writer, you begin to use everything. You begin to see all things, you can use, in dimensional layers that are perceived (at a rather, obvious and unconcealed level) and special to the writer, fabricated and even, fictionalized. Truth becomes entirely subjective. The writer is using these entities as potential material for himself and perhaps, with time, for others who are seeking a voice to listen to. The writer defines what he qualifies as truth; he makes no apologies or excuses, other than one--he writes in his I's eyes. The reader will see as he does, but he does not have to apply the same judgment.

I begin this...this...more or less, as a form of filing, storing or really, materializing. I can write only what I know and thoughts are fleeting. As soon as I sense that yes, I am being perceptive to some thing, I am able to take recognition of it but will easily find myself forgetting just what it was or what it was about it that had struck me. Therefore, I lose the material. I lose the alternate dimension that I can begin judging things at. And my writing becomes less developed and perhaps, less accurate to all I really know or have known. This will help me retrieve, process and reconfigure all I face. Whether to believe it in its entirity? Often I cannot even believe all that I actually "face" but I know that it was there--in some realm of reality, in some guise of truth.

No comments: