one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Attached.

Illuminating dream
Is sun
Whole against my eyes
Excessive sight seeps,
My indulgence in day
Discovery in night.

Light surprises sleep
I try to hold my final dream still
Listen carefully
To the only breathless city
With sounds devoid of noise,
My interior dream.

Your hand catching curtains
Is heard by my ear
Removes myself from dream
I speak,
“No, let us wake to life.”

Fingers lose ambition
And body falls dyed in daylight
Against my impressed shadow of night,
I have already rose
Ready to move inside
These few golden hours
Attaching to my face.

Bringing to life
A part of who I
May have forgotten
If kept stoic from sleep
Not living, not real,
“Keep me within wake of world.”

This room seems better now
Holding patterns on walls
Bamboo and yawning branches,
The outside is without us
Inhaling time
“Let us go.”

My body detached
Out of frame
In the hallway of my house,
You follow stripped from bed
Pulling me near
To kiss you all awake.

The kitchen keeps
An apple
Taking it your finger
Pushes inside
I laugh at the skin bruised,
“I want watermelon instead.”

We buy one
Too big to carry
Sit it in the front seat
Drive away
Safe in our belts.

Hair free framing our faces
Pretending it is summer
“I just want to be…”
Relieved, you complete me,
Keeping us focused
On the road.

Our hands full of pulp
We sit with toes tracing lake,
Ducks wait for bread
But all we have is melon
Stains across our mouths.

Feeding me your tongue
We try to forget
Everything but ourselves together,
Ankle deep I come close
To losing control
My body dense
Distinct from mind
Undistinguishable under water.

Your eyes pull me from my thoughts,
What did you feel being weightless?
“I don’t want to remind myself now.”
This could be my only time to know why you are this way.

I look outside my presence
Become older with the hour
Watch cobwebs almost detach
Too delicate to touch
The spider may drown in lake,
We all are only moments from our last breath.

“I felt overwhelmed by lightness
Euphorically without thought
I let myself be exposed
Consuming pleasure made me feel guilt.”

Did you feel happy?
“I knew I was not even close.”
You wonder what I do to be
Absent from thoughts
“I dance.”

Insisting, I respond
Moving to our will
Granting motion to air
Gestures given in light.

Attached to time
I free myself from then
From ever,
Becoming wildly unaware

Dress hanging
Irresponsible of my body.
I stop dead
Shying away from you sighting
Nakedness not hidden
In bedding of night.

You take me to your chest
Beneath skin I hear our beats
Restless discourse
We did not say
But will always have had.

You feel my crying
Scaring skin
Tears for the unbearable weight of being
Telling me it is okay
The sound of your voice attaching to the day,
This moment for memory
When it was impossible to feel alone.

No comments: