one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Seasonal Depression

something that went quickly

Her body was in season
You know, that thing you wait year round for
And when you finally can get it
You try and have it all.

Her mind always a fixed condition
She controlled how often she smiled
How often you laughed.
She had the power to not let anyone just be.

Somehow I felt better because of her
My gestures and mind were separate no longer
They moved in a single wake.

Quantity was restricted,
But I sensed there was reason for everything
And held back because
Quality became something else
Ecstasy, maybe.

When we let ourselves go
We saw each other at our best.
It was then I felt
My body was outside control.

She’d let her hair fall over mirrors,
A curtain across her face
So I couldn’t see her double
She said I may fall in love.

Breathing everything in
Up she’d come, head high with something
Close to a smile.

Unguarded in her underwear,
I loved her most.
Calling—
My gossamer girl
I needed her closer.

No comments: