one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Friday, October 24, 2008

synecdoche, new york:


synecdoce, new york by charlie kaufman

the truman show changed my conception of life and i imagine this will too.
in my opinion, kaufman illuminates the human depth that would otherwise be kept secret if we were to remain silent. 
watching this does bring me close to tears. 
i am so overwhelmed and thankful that someone is able/allowed to communicate these ideas to a larger audience. 
giving me the hope, that people will open themselves up to the normalcy of these topics. 
as well as giving me the assurance to continue my own ventures because people do care.
support the courage of his ideas (to work from the inside out). tap into your interior. see his film!

"Mr. Kaufman has historically created stories that explore deeply interior spaces, often those between someone’s ears. In “Being John Malkovich” he tested ideas of identity by diving into the brain of one man. In “Adaptation” he allowed a writer’s solitary struggle to leave the page and explode out into the world. And in “Eternal Sunshine” he created a world in which the experiences that mark us can be erased."

“It was like being in on the beautiful, visceral secret.” -Catherine Keener.

Near the film’s end Caden is confronted by a sea of Post-it notes that stretch toward the horizon, each signifying a part of a larger whole. He takes in the expanse and says, “I don’t know why I make it so complicated.”

No comments: