one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Entrance Into No Exit.


At the corner of a dream and a waking, I sat beneath an exit sign. Its pole erect behind my spine, while I unearthed sand from my nail bedding. Barely visible, I imagine, with crisscrossing legs and dawn extending within my eyes was I, in thought I was alone. But there you found me otherwise, unnerved in silence. Speaking words to paralyze the potential voice in me. An intentional smothering with sound. Language. Binding us within a vision. Ourselves, the sole inclusions. A moment for memory. Tongues tracing irrevocable discourse. Memorize we, as if by heart. Beneath our skin were beats, matching the irretrievable engagement. What’s done is done. Sure. But. I will carry you in me forever. And an instant after that. The instant of then. What I wish is now. Suspended. At the interval of my dream and my waking. Where I sat beneath a no exit sign, signaling us inseparable.

No comments: