one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bathed in Expectancy

When waking, dreamers expected only to be ready
Never did I believe in myself so much
Always rather realistic, believing time wasn’t a guarantee. 
Reaching through the curtains, the sun would aestheticize me 
In the earliest hours of light, even I could be thought new.
An apricot, plump in places, the mouth would find
Between thighs, complexion ripening.
But even then, I wasn’t ready
Solely an image that hadn’t yet become a feeling.
I hoped any body waking before mine would first see
Intensifying case of light, knowing on impact
In bed I am made out to be an illusionary magnification.
Who, after closer gazing, is committed
Sleeping still, dreaming I was not close enough to the hour’s reality.
Nor in a rush to know whether I am alive and possibly
Someone substantial. 

No comments: