one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

channeling discoveries


This trip to Miami has really made me pause and take a look up. Each night, phenomenal conversations. I just can't be more thankful/amazed by the words I have been consuming during dialogues. It may seem impossible but during this trip not only have I had the softest kiss at a club but also some of the most striking conversations there. All in all, you just have to let yourself be available to listen, free to disclose and above all have insatiable curiosity. Of course, I have never had so many deadlines I need to make... and have two interviews once I return to Manhattan tomorrow...but over all, I love life more than I ever have. And I am becoming more and more sober to the "reality" of the masses. I still have hope though...again, possibly the quote of my life from Beckett: "I can't go on, I will go on!"


If a caption were necessary to my Miami Thanksgiving break it would be:
A surprise, a delay of life, a violent anticipation, and a slow return to what one calls the 'self'. I look up, blinking - where am I? That oceanic feeling, I am changed: "when you fall into syncope, you never know in what shape you might return...One never knows."
- Catherine Clément -

2 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

I am rather taken with your blog and with your premise. You so remind me of a dear college friend. After years of sharing life experiences we could smile with some knowing almost before the other spoke.Thank for the sharing your posts and your insights . Although I am new to your blog , I hope to return
Linda

Claudelean Musee said...

Linda,

Such a lovely message you sent me. I appreciate your words and your own insight. Aren't we all (I hope) after the comfortable silence, the understanding before the sentence/story/what have you that attempts to be validated is finished and given pause. Close friends can be counted on a hand, but those that see through you and stay around in light of your flaws, finding the perfection in your normalcy (flaws, humaneness) are few and far between. However, may they never be allowed to be forgotten when one does.

I'm rambling. But I'm sure you know how it feels - to know another who hears your voice, and perhaps what you mean, before you know precisely what you mean... this is everything and never feels quite real.

Chelsea.