one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

letters inspired by a previous letter.

much to say, never enough time, it is raining and hookah is waiting, the inhale will be nice. for now, a few letters from the day and yesterday. letters are literature.


#1
Class, 

Provided is a link to Jeanette Winterson’s short story, The White Room. It is best to read/print it from there for the visual experience, as well. I hope the textual experience this time is pleasurable. I feel its evocativeness produces an aura of sense, that if approached open-mindedly can teach us all some thing as readers, writers and sexes involved with language. So please remember, sense does not solely mean that which is logical or spoon-fed, and a one-dimensional character is revealed though his resistance, all in all contradicting a craft workshop.

My reaction to the email that came Wednesday was split. But overall my reading of it was it seemed to be written on the borderline of genre: confession and apology. I enjoyed the quotes. And since the address was mainly spoken to me I want to make sure each of you know I expect criticism, and was never opposed to it. Criticism will always be inspiration. If anything, I was stunned by how the critique was explicated. I am a sucker for conceptual contradictions, but not contradictions rooted in character. I mean, maybe I am thinking outside the box, but [---] didn’t you say you felt heartbroken and personally had to go up to bat for your son when his teacher told him he should have spent more time on the assignment than his costume. I wouldn’t want to compare stories, but I find it interesting. His story now seems small, but still no less harsh. Life is entertaining. Father sends an email. Student sends hers.

Enjoy reading and hopefully a clearer weekend, 

Chelsea. 

- - "father" did send an email, getting the whole school involved for a meeting over what she had to son. that was the reference. my suggestion: never let silence be your last word. take the chance to speak, so others will have the chance to listen (a very difficult thing to do). - -

#2
I don’t know if I can do that, Parp. It may be too far from the truth for me... seeing as I just booked a ticket to Art Basel. Nothing like an impulsive insomniac. It may put a strain on my anxiety for applications, but hey, it’s already risky my applying and the experience will reflect eventually in my work. 

I hope this is okay in terms of your own plans. I just can’t be sure when I will be able to fly down for it again and it’s being something I have been wanting to see, I had to just think less about the choices and just do it. On that note, Manhattan has been better than ever, or perhaps Me in Manhattan. Ever since I got back from Miami, my mindset has been different, as well as my energy. These are all positives. Thank you for letting me spend that week(+) home alone. I don’t know what happened, perhaps I achieved what I had come for, but sick now or not, I haven’t been as good as I have been recently. 

I love you both and many exciting times are to come, 

Chelsea

PS: I am getting work-shopped tomorrow!

- - art basel alas alas i go - - 

#3 which inspired this letter: 

how about you think about this: come meet me for art basel. i wouldn't mind falling for you in a gallery again. hey!, i think i've been and still am thinking about you.

- - some day, i will collect all my little lovey exchanges. they are quite fun and always special - -

#4 today's best text message exchange:

him - passing hotel giraffe...
me - i need to get back there... sudden urge to break glass... get wild
him - ha! didn't even notice the roses on the bed.
me - of course i did! but, you know, i'm so shy about sensitive subtle erotica.
him - yet so extroverted about revealing your breast to the world.

- - i'm becoming convinced that text messages may inspire my fictional dialogue. there's nothing quite like an exchange that flows, when two people can go off each other's wit and of course, oddity. this is why you don't burn bridges, so to speak, so you can always feel comfortable reflecting on your shared moments and laugh, especially about what seemed serious then. - -

#5 my letter on ridicule:
OBAMA, THE BIKER
This picture may be better than that "Obama Wrap" I got from 6th b/w A&B. Actually, this is definitely better, I love that corner deli but dang, that thang was tasteless. Please make your way to the New York Times today. Obama is in the art and style section. I don’t really think I need to say more. What would the media have done if McCain had been elected and was only considered for his age and recognized for having to do his job? That would have been devastating.

No comments: