one dreams his self while he is his self

one dreams his self while he is his self
vaguelooksfromoutbehindherlashes, i am but a shade.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

down to the wire.


A Personal Letter Addressed To You
Dear Reader

Challenge the creative constraints society conditions us to, escape those tracks, break through the tide. RESIST THIS TEXT! I dare you. 
Madness empowers love. 
Desire encourages action. 
Passion persuades change.
Look, nature has become delirious. The sea is in heat and bellies are swelling. Watch, this is a language told in gestures. Oysters are headphones over your ears. Waves hiss—they too want to be moved. Slippage in speech, things taste salty, we have become so explorative. A fleshy muscle rolls off like fingers caressing an organ. Mouths swallow what is known and open ready to erupt with sense. 

Be the poet, that poet in waiting who rarely comes, changing the natural way. Is that me, am I that? Subjecting my life, breaking down, destroying illusion with truth, batting against players that don’t want to toss around words or throw some out of range. I am competitive: always focused on the ball, the direction I want it to travel and the momentum I must gain to make it count. I want to knock logic out of left field, escape from common sense and out race the other team. I can already hear them screaming, “Stop her! She’s an uncontrollable risk.” But the struggle makes me gain speed, passion pushes me forth, so faster forward and further on I will go to benefit those who are behind me and not yet born. 

I will be burned. I will be discouraged. But I will take this chance, so those backing me will be encouraged to play a courageous game of truth and dare. Forget the fear of being different and be brought into my being. Let’s move together, one word after another. You are already closer to thinking as me and feeling no longer alone. 

I applaud the want to know otherwise. I support who you are: the paradoxical poet, a vignette of all time. I desire the confidence that is becoming you. Your security with sharing your truth personally attracts me. Confusion is natural. Don’t let it mask you. There is no reason to hide, especially when you are close to daring others to understand you.

But you are not there yet. Seeing through your self is a process. So right now, I dare you to not try to understand everything.

No comments: